Cold Laser Therapy￼
If you’ve been dealing with chronic pain, you know how frustrating it can be to find effective treatment options. Fortunately, chiropractic care has been shown to be a safe and effective way to manage pain and improve overall wellness. And when it comes to chiropractic care, cold laser therapy is a game-changer What is Cold …
An Assessment of Nonoperative Management Strategies in a Herniated Lumbar Disc Population: Successes Versus Failures
Study design: Retrospective cohort study. Objective: To compare the utilization of conservative treatments in patients with lumbar intervertebral disc herniations who were successfully managed nonoperatively versus patients who failed conservative therapies and elected to undergo surgery (microdiscectomy). Methods: Clinical records from adult patients with an initial herniated lumbar disc between 2007 and 2017 were selected from a large …
Continue reading "An Assessment of Nonoperative Management Strategies in a Herniated Lumbar Disc Population: Successes Versus Failures"
Study identifies higher mortality risk for women with back pain
New research from Boston Medical Center identifies elevated mortality risk for women with back pain when compared to women without back pain. Back pain was not associated with mortality among men indicating long-term consequences of back pain may differ by sex. The overall findings suggest that mild back pain (pain that does not keep a …
Continue reading "Study identifies higher mortality risk for women with back pain"
Chiropractic care does impact Pelvic Floor Control
We are excited to share the latest breakthrough research results published by The Spinal Research Foundation. The results suggest women to consider receiving chiropractic care because it does impact pelvic floor control. The research data shows that pregnant women who received chiropractic care had a better ability to relax pelvic floor muscles at rest, which …
Continue reading "Chiropractic care does impact Pelvic Floor Control"
Bone density: what do we need to know about Osteoporosis?
Gwyneth Paltrow – a famous American actress – was diagnosed with osteopenia, which is the precursor to osteoporosis at the age of 37. She was given the diagnosis after a bone scan was taken after she had suffered a leg fracture, revealing low bone density. Osteoporosis is a skeletal disorder characterised by compromised bone strength …
Continue reading "Bone density: what do we need to know about Osteoporosis?"
Stretching is beneficial for EVERYONE
People might think that stretching exercises are only for athletes, yet never had a thought that it could be beneficial for everyone including kids, office-workers or even housewives. Stretching is also a form of physical exercise in which a specific muscle, muscle group or tendon is intentionally loosened or stretched to impose muscle elasticity …
Are you having foot pain on the first step in the morning? Maybe you are suffering from Plantar Fasciitis
Advanced Technology that Assists Chiropractors in Delivering Chiropractic Adjustments.
This instrument delivers a gentle and precise chiropractic adjustment to the joints of the spine and extremities. Watch this two part video, one of our chiropractors, Gerry Nastasia explains and demonstrates the latest technology in delivering chiropractic adjustments. Call us at 04-3481166 to book now or visit at www.chiropracticdubai.com to learn more. Part two – Demonstration of …
Continue reading "Advanced Technology that Assists Chiropractors in Delivering Chiropractic Adjustments."
Bump on your elbow?
A 57 year old male patient came to our clinic with a chief complaint of localized aching pain on right elbow in a scale of 5/10 and had been experiencing for the last four weeks. Symptoms are worse upon elbow flexion and direct pressure. There was no reported trauma that might have been the cause. …
Pay attention to your sprained ankle
Ankle sprain is a common medical condition where one or more of the ligaments of the ankle is torn or partially torn, usually through turning the foot under and causing excessive stress on the ligaments of the ankle. This can be caused by excessive external rotation, inversion or rarely eversion of the foot. When the …
Champions of Chiropractic
Chiropractic care is becoming more common among athletes and has helped many professionals to prevent injuries, enhance performance and alleviate pain. Zach Johnson won the 2015 British Open with the help from Chiropractic care. His father, Dr. Johnson who graduated from Palmer College Of Chiropractic, says; “Zach has been receiving chiropractic care his entire life and …
Chiropractic care for babies
During first months of a baby´s life it is very important to be aware of his or her physical development. The development of the spinal curves is taking place during the first 2 years of our life and it is important for the baby to be offered the optimal positioning to facilitate normal development. When the baby learns …
iPad & Smartphones have become the new babysitter
Many years ago it was a luxury to own a mobile but today it has become a necessity and it is normal for kids to use electronics such as smartphones and tablets weeks after they are born. Babies use the smartphones mainly to play games; some of these games are made such that they develop …
Continue reading "iPad & Smartphones have become the new babysitter"
Parkinson’s disease linked to gut bacteria
Doctors have been trying to find the cause of Parkinson’s for many years and it is still a mystery. When the legendary boxer Muhammed Ali was diagnosed with Parkinson´s disease, it was the general belief that boxing and countless hits to the head had caused him to develop Parkinson´s disease. However, last year his personal …
Continue reading "Parkinson’s disease linked to gut bacteria"
See how you can prevent headaches and migraines safely.
Headaches and Migraines are very common problems and they have a huge impact on a lot of people’s lives. There are many things that can cause headaches and migraines such as stress, posture, tension and even your diet can have an impact. There are more than 200 different kinds of headaches and 90 % of …
Continue reading "See how you can prevent headaches and migraines safely."
This simple activity can actually increase the size of your brain
Walking very rarely receives a title on the cover of the fitness and health magazines we often read. We tend to forget how important walking is. We have read about the ‘feel-good” hormones, stress relieving abilities, and increased levels of oxygen as advantages of walking and staying active, but a recent study illustrates an actual increase …
Continue reading "This simple activity can actually increase the size of your brain"
Why your baby needs to go through ALL the phases of development
THIS IS AN ARTICLE FEATURED BY http://blog.pathwaystofamilywellness.org By Dr. Genevieve & J-P Mercier For parents, every milestone reached by their children is a good reason to celebrate. A few of those stand out; the first roll-over, the first steps and eventually, the first word pronounced. All of them represent stepping stones on their way to …
Continue reading "Why your baby needs to go through ALL the phases of development"
How to avoid back and neck pain during exams
It’s that time of year again. Not only are writing exams stressful on you emotionally, but also sitting for hours on one is not really what our bodies were destined for, and it takes its toll on our back and neck. As a very distracted student, I used to study at the university library. Not …
Continue reading "How to avoid back and neck pain during exams"
Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of spaces in the spine (backbone) that results in pressure on the spinal cord and/or nerve roots. Each person’s spinal cord size and canal size is different, and so the risk factors also vary. Onset of spinal stenosis is often gradual and worse with movement. Pressure on the lower part …
Can you actually adjust your own joints?
As with most things in life, there are people who believe that chiropractic adjustments could be a DIY project too. Patients who self manipulate are probably some of the most difficult patients to treat. “Self cracking may be treated with chiropractic manipulation”-says Dr Pamela Leader, MD and DC at EEMC Dubai. Twisting and contorting your …
Trigger point therapy for sinus
The most common symptom of sinusitis, and often the most unpleasant, is pain. You have several different sinuses above and below your eyes, and behind your nose. Any of these can hurt when you have a sinus infection. If you thought your sinuses are in your nose, think again. They are actually air-filled spaces in …
Does Paracetamol work at all?
Paracetamol is very often the easiest and first medication we reach for when suffering from lower back pain. This might seem like a quick fix…but is it a fix at all? A large randomized trial published in The Lancet finds performs no better than a placebo. SHOCKING RIGHT? 1,652 randomly selected participants were included …
My Chiropractor Wants to See My Feet. …(Wait — What?)
THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN AND ADAPTED FROM FOOT LEVELERS You’ve finally made an appointment to see your Chiropractor. Perhaps it’s low back pain that brings you in, or bouts of throbbing headaches and you’re tired of popping pills. Or maybe you’re a runner who’s training for a big event and you’re hoping your Doctor …
Continue reading "My Chiropractor Wants to See My Feet. …(Wait — What?)"
Foam Rolling-Tips from a chiropractor
Foam Rolling for sore and tight muscles The latest hot topic in the fitness industry seems to be the benefits of foam rolling. Many individuals involved in sport, exercise, and/or fitness are using self-myofascial release (SMR) using a foam roller, which restores muscle, tendon, ligament, fascia, and soft-tissue extensibility. Tight muscles restrict motion of the …
Avoid surgery for sciatica with chiropractic
Sciatica is a problem in many people, both young and old. The pain, numbness, tingling, and weakness that comes with sciatica become constant frustration and a source of reduced quality of life. Many people complain of lower back pain and pins and needles sensations in their legs, but are unaware that they are suffering from sciatic nerve pain. The …
Continue reading "Avoid surgery for sciatica with chiropractic"
Why babies shouldn’t sleep on their tummies
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that healthy infants be placed on their backs for sleep, as this is the safest position for an infant to sleep. Apart from the risk of (SIDS) Sudden Infant death Syndrome, the baby’s spine may be affected by sleeping on their tummy. SIDS is defined as a condition where a …
Continue reading "Why babies shouldn’t sleep on their tummies"
Leg pain-Symptom of back pain?
Low back pain still forms part of the top two reasons why people visit chiropractors. And it’s responsible for up to 40% of missed workdays. For the majority out there, back pain is not a “disease”, and for most of us it’ll get better by itself…right? Here’s the lowdown, 30% of you will have re-occurrence …
The role of Chiropractic in managing the often overlooked problem of Pelvic Dysfunction?
The Chiropractic profession is the third largest medical profession in the U.S.A. after medicine and dentistry, with over 3 million visits per year being recorded recently. Here in the U.A.E. we are about 30 chiropractors in total, serving mainly Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Chiropractic is best known for its treatment of back pain, although this …
Continue reading "The role of Chiropractic in managing the often overlooked problem of Pelvic Dysfunction?"
What is Spinal Compression?
Anything from aging to injury could be a possible cause for the spinal column being compressed. It’s a condition where the spine suffers from constant pressure; the force of the compression on the spinal cord stops the nerves from functioning normally. Essentially, it disrupts your brain from communicating with other areas of your body. So, …
How is brain freeze and migraine related?
What is brain-freeze? When something cold touches the roof of your mouth (your palate), the sudden temperature change of the tissue stimulates nerves to cause rapid enlargement (the anterior cerebral artery) and swelling of blood vessels. This is an attempt to direct blood to the area and warm it back up. As the cerebral artery …
Continue reading "How is brain freeze and migraine related?"
- Chiropractic for kids suffering from Migraines, ADHD, and Tourettes
- Chiropractic for Premature Baby Girl
- Cold Laser Therapy￼
- Cox Flexion Distraction: a proven treatment for treating back pain & sciatica
- Cox Flexion Distraction: a proven treatment for treating back pain & sciatica
- Dangerous Headaches
- Do headaches run in the family?
- Does being overwright make back pain worse
- Does Paracetamol work at all?
- Epidural Corticosteroid Injection: Drug Safety Communication – Risk of Rare But Serious Neurologic Problems
- Exercise and back pain
- Fighting back pain-Tips on preventing your back pain from coming back
- Flip-Flops-Health Concerns
- Foam Rolling-Tips from a chiropractor
- Footloose…or literally foot loose… A chiropractic perspective
- Forward Head Posture
- Getting to the back of it… 4 back pain questions answered
- Getting your swing back (on all levels)
- Hands-on treatment for Tension headaches
- Hard work is a two way street. What should a patient do after treatment
- Hot or Cold treatment for injuries- Which one is really the best.
- How a fun day out became a pain in the neck!!! A patients story!
- How could chiropractic eliminate the hurdles which are keeping you from achieving your running goals?
- How do soccer players get a kick out of Chiropractic?
- How is brain freeze and migraine related?
- How is smoking contributing to osteoporosis and boneloss?
- How much sleep do we really need, and what happens if we don’t sleep enough
- How to avoid back and neck pain during exams
- How to check if you have good posture
- How to sit
- How to weight-lift, while keeping your spine healthy?
- i-Posture: Could this be real?
- Iliotibial Band Syndrome
- Infantile Colic
- iPad & Smartphones have become the new babysitter
- It’s not necessarily stress that kills us, but rather our reaction to it…What’s yours?
- JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association) recommends Chiropractic treatment before any invasive measures such as surgery are considered.
- Jaw Pain – Cracking when opening the jaw and headaches?
- Just how important is good posture?
- Kineseo Taping…Never fails to amaze
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Leg pain-Symptom of back pain?
- Magnesium for Migraines
- Might your kid be carrying too much weight on their shoulders?
- Migraine awareness week: 7-14th of September
- Migraines… getting on your nerve?
- My Chiropractor Wants to See My Feet. …(Wait — What?)
- Neck Adjustments- An effective treatment method for improved Joint Position Sense
- Neck rehabilitation Exercises: Stage 1
- New Research suggests that Infantile colic may be the result of migraine in infants
- Osteoporosis…a big health concern for younger people
- Pamela Leader treating premature baby Willow
- Parkinson’s disease linked to gut bacteria
- Pay attention to your sprained ankle
- Pilates for Back Pain
- Posture =Good Health=Attractiveness Factor
- Putting the clamps on back surgery
- Putting the clamps on surgery
- Recover from injury and still stay active with Kinesio Tape
- Research shows that 85% of pregnant women can benefit from Chiropractic Treatment
- Rotator Cuff Injury (RCI)
- Safely swaddled…We don’t think so. 6 Tips on swaddling
- Say goodnight to neck pain
- See how you can prevent headaches and migraines safely.
- Shoulder pain and “your side of the bed”
- Sinus headaches and Allergies
- So why Chiropractic for Headaches, when your pain tablets are at arm’s length?
- So your kid guzzles down a few sports/energy drinks…What are the consequences of this
- Some green and bean for Arthritis???
- Speed up your recovery after surgery with Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy Rehabilitation!
- Speed up your recovery after surgery with Chiropractic Care and Physiotherapy Rehabilitation!
- Spinal Stenosis
- Sports injuries and how Chiropractic care can help
- STOP REACHING FOR INEFFECTIVE HEADACHE TREATMENTS
- Stretching is beneficial for EVERYONE
- Study identifies higher mortality risk for women with back pain
- Sunlight Vitamin: How to get a sufficient amount of Vitamin D, without suffering skin damage.
- Temporo Mandibular Joint Problems and Chiropractic
- The best sleep posture for you
- The burden of the bra…But does it have to be???
- The difference between chiropractic, physiotherapy and massage therapy
- The massive influence sleep has on your health
- THE PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING (RESEARCH)
- The role of Chiropractic in managing the often overlooked problem of Pelvic Dysfunction?
- The role of Chiropractic on the often-overlooked problem of Pelvic Dysfunction?
- The truth about slipped disks
- The work better office workout
- This simple activity can actually increase the size of your brain
- Travelling tips-Some small adjustments could really go a long way
- Trigger point therapy for sinus
- Usain Bolt…A shocking discovery.
- Vitamin D(ivine)
- Want to start running? Start slowly.
- Weight training could avoid Osteoporosis and promote bone density
- What could Chiropractic Dubai do for you?
- What exactly happens to your body when you are suffering from degenerative disc disease?
- What happens after Chiropractic?
- What is Spinal Compression?
- What’s the difference between Chiropractic, Physiotherapy and Osteopathic Therapy
- What’s the link between leg and back pain
- When to consult a Chiropractor about back pain during running
- Why babies shouldn’t sleep on their tummies
- Why do we say fat is not the culprit
- Why is good posture beautiful
- Why sitting down all day harms your health.
- Why use a Chiropractor for frozen shoulder…THIS IS WHY
- Why we recommend foot orthotics?
- Why your baby needs to go through ALL the phases of development
- You might not need Arthroscopic Surgery- There are alternatives