Most office staff spend at least 8 hours a day working in a seated position, moving very little. Inactivity of the muscles and the lack of exercise strains your back and is further complicated by poor desk posture.
Emirates European Medical Centre offers a range of services to relieve the painful conditions of employees, improve the rate of absenteeism, reduce costs and improve office morale.
What are the most common conditions seen in the workplace?
- Stress, depression and anxiety – accounts for 55% of lost workdays in the UK (CIPD 2022).
- Musculo-skeletal disorders (including back pain and Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI)) – accounts for 27% of lost workdays in the UK (CIPD 2022).
How can working with Emirates European Medical Centre benefit your company?
- Wellness presentations – to fit with your employee wellbeing agenda
- Postural and spinal check-ups on your premises
- Ergonomic work-station assessments
- Corporate offers for treatment in our clinics
Diagnosis, treatment and prevention of musculo-skeletal conditions, improves productivity by reducing lost workdays due to sickness absence.
- Workplace absence costs the UK in 2020, cost businesses 14 billion GBP (63 billion AED) (HR Review, 2021)
- British businesses lost an average of 38 working days per employee to health-related absence and reduced productivity due to poor health in 2019 (Mercer, 2020)
- In the United Kingdom in 2020/21, musculoskeletal injuries accounted for 28% of all work-related ill health cases (HSE, 2021). This represents 1,420 per 100,000 employees (HSE, 2021)
- One in 50 of all workers in the UK have reported a RSI condition (RSI, 2022)
- Each case of RSI in the UK results in an average of 14 workdays lost (AbilityNet, 2021)
Are you interested in increased financial growth and increased productivity in your office? In realising your employee’s full potential, due to their optimal health?
Call us about our corporate services on 04-348 1166 or e-mail us at email@example.com